Saturday, August 2, 2008

Is it real?


Stuffed or not?
Originally uploaded by origami3d_cranes
I was planning to do a long overdue update to my work-in-progress series. Plus I wanted to write about my experience at the Hawaii Bridal Expo last weekend. But this was such an unexpected sight this morning that I had to share it.

I let my dog out into the back yard, when I noticed this "owl." I knew that there were owls in Hawaii but this looked like one I'd seen on Animal Planet recently (in other words, not 'native.') It didn't move. At all. So I started to think it was fake.

Took some photos. Posted them on Flickr, then started an opinion thread on the Etsy forums. Went back outside to try to get a better shot.

It moved.




Wow.

Yes, it is real, after all.

I'm thinking it's time to make an owl-themed piece for my work. What do you think?

1 comment:

Kathi said...

wow! an auspicious sighting indeed! looking forward to your expo post.